Lisa Greenbaum – My Story
Despite working full-time in a Yoga based business, I was not living my Yoga. I was burning the candle at both ends, neglecting my practice, pushing when I should have been resting, dealing with chronic pain and tension, not sleeping and all the while struggling with infertility. I didn’t know who I was anymore and my friends and family were taking the brunt of it.
It was time to come back to my Self and my dharma. In 2018 my husband and I went on a two month adventure to the other side of the world, landing in Bali for some much needed rest and rejuvenation. A chance to reconnect to ourselves and each other, and to what really brings us joy. It was here the concept for Sangha Wellness Retreats was born, and over this last year fine-tuned to become a global community connected through travel, adventure and taking care of Self.
I currently spend my time dedicated to my practice, teaching, reading, writing, traveling, cooking, snuggling my three cats and FaceTiming my niece and nephew. It’s not always rainbows and birds singing each day, but as long as my feet touch my mat the light within glows. For me, that’s the most important thing.
start at the beginning… psst it’s on the home page, just scroll a little further down.
- E-RYT 500
- C-IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist
- YACEP – Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider
- 2018 Delegates Choice, Canadian Presenter of the Year for canfitpro
- Top 100 Health and Fitness Influencers in Canada: OptiMYz Magazine 2017-2020
- Founder: Sangha Wellness Retreats
- Director Trauma Informed Yoga Therapy – Rituals for Recovery
- Editorial Advisory board for OptiMYz magazine 2017-present
- Editorial Advisory board for canfitpro 2015-2019
- Global Ambassador for Women in Fitness Association (WIFA) 2018-present
- Author: Yoga Corner for OptiMYz magazine + SILVER magazine.
- Speaker + Presenter: canfitpro 2009-2019, Addictions and Mental Health Ontario 2017, Trauma Talks 2018, The Yoga Show 2018-2020, SCW – Boston Mania 2019, FILEX 2014-2015, 2017 and the Ignite Yoga Summit in Sydney, Australia 2017.
- 1000+ hours of Yoga Education studying in Canada, US and India
- Specialize in Yoga for Trauma, PTSD, Anxiety and Depression.
- Active in the Yoga/Fitness industry since 2001
Stay updated with Lisa’s classes, workshops + retreats along with inspiration for your daily practice. Receive a FREE gratitude meditation when you enter your email below.