This course will discuss the latest scientific research on trauma and how we can apply these findings to our Yoga practice both as teachers and students. This includes a detailed theory presentation outlining how we process trauma including information on the polyvagal theory and social engagement system and the impact of generational trauma. Working somatically (through the body) we will also explore flow sequencing, breathing and meditation techniques to release chronically held tension and the negative thought patterns that follow a traumatic event.
- Learn how the brain & nervous system process trauma
- Learn how Yoga is a powerful healing mechanism for trauma
- Understand the impact of generational trauma and the impact on our DNA.
- Learn how to be trauma aware in group settings and with private clients
- 90min. real time class experience including breath work & meditation
- Q+A session in a small group virtual setting
This option includes the 2-hour online course – Becoming Trauma-Sensitive: Creating Your Healing Journey. This is a LIVE ONLY – VIRTUAL EVENT. Theory handout will be emailed on the morning of the course along with the meeting link. To protect the privacy of students, a recording of this course will not be provided. To purchase this course without with the online course click here.
Course Date: September 2021 TBA
If you are currently registered with Yoga Alliance completion of this course will honour you 4 non-contact CECs.