When we begin to see and understand the full expanse of Yoga, we see the power of its healing benefits. When we start to practice these different layers, this experience is felt.
Yoga for Pain Management helps us define the specific tools from Yoga and how they can be effective in daily pain management. Whether we are recovering from a recent injury or illness, or experiencing the ongoing effects of chronic pain, this course will provide options and techniques for daily care of both our physical and emotional health.
Please note, this course is meant to work in conjunction with the exercises and advice as provided by your doctors and/or physiotherapists. Should you have any concerns or questions please reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org. Experience with Yoga while recommended, is not required.
- Understand how the brain and nervous system process pain signals.
- Understand the impacts of chronic pain beyond the physical symptoms.
- Learn how the tools from Yoga can provide daily self-care practices.
- Learn simple movement sequences that include options to help manage pain.
Choose How You Want to Learn:
This course is offered in a variety of ways to appeal to your learning style, pace of learning and desire for when you want to get started. A 2-hr online version of this course, Yoga for Pain Management: Creating a Caring Practice is available now. Or, choose to attend the next virtual live 4-hr course for Yoga for Pain Management where you have the option to either purchase the live course only or with the online course as well. In respect of privacy, live virtual courses are never recorded. Currently there are no live in person courses being offered.
NEXT VIRTUAL COURSE DATE: SATURDAY, APRIL 24th, 2021 10am EST
Live/Virtual Course Components:
- Theory presentation with powerpoint slides.
- Course notes via .pdf
- 90min. class experience including movement (with + without a chair), breath work & meditation
- Q+A session in a small group virtual setting
- Receive a Certificate of Completion
- Zoom meeting link will be provided 24hrs prior to course start date
Online Course Components:
Online Course will launch March 15, 2021.
- Narrated theory presentation 75 min. with powerpoint slides.
- Course notes via .pdf
- 60min. movement practice – with + without a chair (stream only)
- Guided Meditation Script: Connection
Continuing Education Credits:
You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of your course. Yoga Alliance members receive 4 CECs for the live/virtual course or 2 CECs for the online course by completing a short quiz and submitting to: email@example.com